1. What is your first jewellery memory?
My mother's jewellery box, full of pearl necklaces, that I was wrapping myself with, from head to toes.
2. What's the first piece that you designed?
The Corne de Gazelle earring, during my last year in uni, it is the one that got noticed by buyers on my Instagram and whenever I was going out.
3. What is your favorite stone? Why?
Pearl. It is timeless and allows all kinds of designs. It can be also affordable, which is important to me as I want my customer to be able to buy my pieces without worrying too much.
4. Do you have a piece of jewellery that you wear all year-round?
My Corne de Gazelle earring! And my Douce Cavalcade signet ring, made of onyx and diamonds.
5. Who are your favorite jewellery designers?
Fernando Jorge is my favourite ever, he is an absolute genius and I am so admirative of everything he does.
6. What are your greatest design influences?
Interior design, fine art, architecture. Turning a lamp into an earring, looking at a fence pattern, textures and colours from modern art and its primary colours. This is where my Mobile Rouge earring comes from (A Calder mobile I saw hanging at the Whitney Museum in New York).
7. If you weren’t a jewellery designer, what would you do?
A designer for sure! Product designer, furniture designer, I am designing a line of vases at the moment, which is doing really well.
8. What do you currently listen to in your studio?
The Glastonbury playlist! I am heading there in three days and it is a mix of disco, funk (Roy Ayers), UK rock (Vampire Weekend) and what makes me travel to childhood... Janet Jackson! She is headlining at Glastonbury this year and I will see her live for the first time!!
9. What is your dream travel destination?
Rajhastan, I am sure I will come transformed by my visual experience there.